Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Past tenses

 Main past tenses Present Perfect Use: Past (recent) action with relevance in the present Form: Subject + have/has + past participle Example: She has finished her homework. Present Perfect Continuous Use: Past (recent) action with relevance in the present of which I want to stress the duration or just finished Form: Subject + have/has been + verb-ing Example: They have been working all day. Simple Past Use: Completed action in the past – I can find a temporal complement in my phrase Form: Subject + past verb Example: She visited Rome last summer. Used to W e use used to + base verb to show something happened regularly in the past. I used to ride my bike to school. → (I did this regularly in the past, but not anymore .) She used to live in London. → (She lived there before, but she doesn't now.) They used to be friends. → (They were friends once, but not anymore.) Structure: Positive: I used to eat cereal for breakfast. Negative: I didn’t use to...

Conditionals 2 & 3 -Many examples from Italian

  Conditional Sentences – Type 2 and Type 3 šŸ”¹ CONDITIONAL TYPE 2 Structure: If + Simple Past → would + base form Used to talk about hypothetical situations in the present or future. Examples (Italian → English) Se fossi più paziente, riusciresti meglio nel tuo lavoro. If I were more patient, you would do better in your job. Se avessi più tempo, leggerei di più. If I had more time, I would read more. Se studiassi con costanza, imparerei più rapidamente. If you studied regularly, you would learn more quickly. Se parlassi meglio l’inglese, viaggerei di più. If I spoke English better, I would travel more. Se sapessi cucinare, preparerei cene speciali ogni sera. If I could cook, I would prepare special dinners every evening. Se vivessi al mare, farei il bagno ogni giorno. If I lived by the sea, I would swim every day. Se avessi una macchina sportiva, la guiderei ogni weekend. If I had a sports car, I would drive it every weekend. Additional Type 2 Examples Se amas...

Grammar in a nutshell: Present Simple vs. Pres. Cont

https://welcometoenglishhub.my.canva.site/grammar-in-a-nutshell